Special Deals - 10% OFF for All with Coupon: XSENSE10SHOP NOW X
A Carbon Monoxide Detector is an important device that must be present in one’s home. It is designed to detect carbon monoxide gases which can cause poisoning and explosions. These toxic and flammable gases are colorless, odorless, and tasteless which makes it difficult to detect when there is a gas leak. And this is where such devices come in to play a huge part in signaling whenever the gas concentration levels go beyond tolerable amount. But these devices alone cannot do the job. Owners would also need to consider how they can keep the alarms in good working order to ensure their safety in return.
Testing your alarm helps identify whether the product is still in good shape to use or not. To test carbon monoxide detectors, you will first need to locate the button on the device. It usually has the word Test or Hush on it. Press and hold until the device beeps and a red light flashes. Once those appear, you can release the button.
The blue light should appear, followed by 4 beep signals and the red light flashing 4 times as well. Wait 5 seconds while the device is silent. After which, the device will repeat beeping with the red light flashing. Finally, after 2 iterations, one beep should occur with the red light flash once. And the LCD should display the word “PAS” and then “0”
Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors will need proper maintenance to ensure that they are still working properly. To guide you through this, we have listed below some checkpoints that homeowners must consider when doing regular checkups and performing service maintenance.
Carbon Monoxide detectors are devices that help prevent CO disasters occur in our home. Because of its sensors, it can alert us whenever these invisible gases are present in the environment. To acquire them is only one part of the job. Maintaining them comes after it and it is the one that matters most.