People across nations are understanding the importance of home security and so the home security system market alone in North America has seen a whopping $7.3 billion market valuation in recent times. This number is also speculated to grow by another 16% in the next 5 years. With so many products in the market catering to different price ranges, it is hard to choose an ideal product that fits into your price bracket if you are someone on a budget.
5 Best Cheap Home Security Systems in 2021
Here are 5 cheap home security systems to understand, which might help you make the right choice.
X-Sense is an emerging name across the globe in the home safety world. They aim to provide secured homes across the globe. They operate with an advanced innovative mechanism that makes sure the whole security of the house is just a few clicks away.
Features of X-Sense Cheap Home Security System
- This cheap home security system can be connected to a maximum of 32 sensors and can be controlled by 6 remotes.
- It has a solid 12-hour battery backup, with an 1800 mAh battery.
- Its radio signals can range up to 1 and a quarter miles without any obstruction.
- It can detect motion up to 12 meters or 39 feet and an angle ranging up to 110 degrees.
- The remote comes with replaceable batteries and their radio signals can range up to 200 meters.
- This whole-home security system comes in either a 5 piece set or an 8 piece set costs $99.99 and $149.99 respectively.
Why X-sense Cheap Home Security System?
X-Sense Home Security Systems are easy to set up and operate. These products come with a 1-year warranty and are shipped free across the United States. With 24/7 technical support at your disposal and the easy-to-understand product range, it is a sure-shot purchase. It either comes in a 5 piece or an 8 piece set up to choose from depending on the size of the house.
2. Cove Affordable Security System
With 30 years of industry exposure and experience, Cove has come up with excellent and affordable home safety solutions. All the home security systems are purely customer-centric solutions. Unlike other security systems, this does not come with a long-term commitment and lock-ins.
Features of Cove Affordable Security System
- The 7-inch touch panel is the control center of the security system, comes with voice control and 24 hours backup, retailing for $184.
- Comes with a waterproof wearable panic button in case of emergencies which costs $20.
- The $30 motion detector comes with five-year battery life and is pet friendly, although anything above 40 pounds can be detected and alerted.
- Smoke/Gas/Water detectors ranging between $20 - $30 can be installed in all the rooms to be alarmed at the right time.
Why Cove’s Affordable Security System?
Even the most expensive component of the kit, the touch panel costs below $100 making it one of the best affordable options to choose from. Cove’s products come with a 60-day money-back guarantee. There are no long-term contracts, if you want to cancel it at any time you can easily cancel the package.
3. Frontpoint Cheap DIY Home Security
Frontpoint comes as a revolutionizing market player with over 10 years of experience in the industry. This was when intruders started super mounting and surpassing traditional standards of home security, being one of the early market players who started with do-it-yourself security systems to make the whole installation and setup process hassle-free.
Features of Frontpoint Cheap DIY Home Security
- Frontpoint Hub and Keypad act as a central command system to all the front point security systems. Hub and Keypad are two different devices connected, the former is the alarm and the latter the controller.
- The door and window sensor traces activities within the reach of doors and windows.
- A motion sensor tracks every movement inside the house.
- A 24/7 indoor camera keeps vigilance of all the activity happening inside the house all day all night.
- Frontpoint’s Smoke and Heat sensors act as essential safety measures at home.
- A front doorbell camera that comes free with all the Frontpoint security packages keeps an eye on the activity right in front of the door.
- Frontpoint also provides Yard signs, window decals, and door stickers to keep the burglars warned.
Why Frontpoint Cheap DIY Home Security?
With Frontpoint, you can lock your doors, operate lights, control the security system just through your voice. An hourly sensor check will keep you notified about any changes in weather, any hackers, or and burglar threats. Their range of products comes with a 30-day free trial and a 3-year warranty to be assured.
4. Protect America Home Security
Protect America, a Texas-based home security company founded in 1992 is now a part of Brink’s Home Security, which has a legacy of over 150 years in the industry of Logistics and Security. Their 5 core principles set them apart from the rest of the security systems available in the market today.
Features of Protect America Home Security
- The touch control panel comes with smart home support, which means it can be connected to home automation devices such as Alexa. The alarm panel also comes with hacker protection.
- The video doorbell allows you to access the front door view both live and recorded footage and the user access can be shared with all the members at home.
- Wireless motion sensors are pet immune, any pet weighing less than 40 pounds will not be captured but any major activity triggers an alert on the phone and also an alarm is set off.
- Wireless door sensors- motion up to 200 feet from the door is detected with the help of these 3 wireless door sensors.
- A 24/7 outdoor camera is the ultimate video footage accessing device to monitor activities outside the house.
- This ultimate package retails at $799 or $49.99 per month.
Why Protect America Home security?
Protect America comes with a live monitoring system with multiple user access for all the members at home. This can be operated both as a web application and a mobile application. It also provides a cloud storage space to store all the recorded footage. It is a great option for someone who is into automating every system at home, someone looking for easy access.
5. Scout Cheap Home Security System
Scout came into the picture when one of its founders was having trouble finding the right home security system which back then was way outdated and overpriced. With this problem to solve, the scout was designed and launched in 2013. With its ground-level solutions to cheap home security systems, today Scout is one of the highest-selling reliable and cheap home security systems in America.
Features of Scout Cheap Home Security System
- The small pack comes with a scout hub, a motion sensor, 2 key fobs, a door panel, 2 access sensors, and a yard sign retailing at $229.
- The large pack comes with a scout hub, 2 motion sensors, 2 key fobs, a door panel, 5 access sensors, and a yard sign retailing at $319.
- The elements pack that comes with flood and fire safety as well includes a scout hub, 4 access sensors, a smoke alarm, a door panel, 2 key fobs, a water sensor, a motion sensor, and a yard sign retailing at $349.
- The architect pack ideal for large houses with multiple access points comes with a scout hub, 4 access sensors, a smart lock, a door panel, 2 key fobs, a glass break sensor, a motion sensor, and a yard sign retailing at $549.
Why Scout Cheap Home Security System?
You can build your package to fit your needs or buy pre-built packages according to your requirement and budget. The pre-designed packages ranging between $229 to $799 are easy to install and almost all the equipment comes wireless making it one of the favorites for both renters and owners. All of the systems connect via the internet (complete wireless connection) to all the automation smart home devices.
Things to Consider When Buying Cheap Home Security Systems
Check whether the whole home security system connection is either wired or wireless. With houses converting into smart homes lately, a wireless cheap home security system would be ideal, apt, and simple to work on.
Monitoring and Sensing
Try to get a security system that has wider ranges and angles of monitoring motions and sensors with a wide range alarming system. This way in any unforeseen event of a mishap this can act as an immediate vigilance and inform concerned authorities to take an action.
With everything on the internet lately, the storage of footage and access to security systems have become very easy. But still, as a matter of fact, it is still advisable to check if the product you are willing to opt for comes with multiple access and has an easy-to-operate interface to cater to every age group.
FAQs on Cheap Home Security Systems
1. What is the best inexpensive home security system?
According to our research and trials, we figured out that X Sense is one of the best home security systems, the paraments considered were- price firstly, it's a bang on the buck; secondly availability, it is easily available anywhere across the globe and thirdly accessibility, this is one of the easiest operable security systems out there in the market. Overall we rate it a 4.5 out of 5.
2. Is cheap home security worth it?
Cheap doesn’t always mean costly in the long run. Over period innovation and technology have made sure that the production cost and installation costs come down to bare minimal not compromising on the quality yet making them available to a large sect of the market.
3. How much is a cheap alarm system?
The cheapest alarm system starts ranging from $99.99.
4. Is there a home security system that doesn’t have a monthly fee?
Unfortunately, no home security system comes with zero monthly fees, although home security systems like Scout and Cove come with monthly fees of as low as $9.99 and $14.99 respectively.
Home security charges shouldn’t make you feel stripped. Yet some firms levy unforeseen bills and charges for crummy services. Evade pressure and pick from the best options we have outlined above. Our ultimate pick from the list being X Sense Home Security System, both affordable and reliable. Do let us know which one you think is better.