How Much Does a Home Security System Cost in 2021?
Wed, Nov 10, 2021
Home security is one of the most used term in the world, but very few people can keep their home safe. Security is one the seven basic needs of human life.
After taking the shelter people find reliable security systems that can save them from liabilities and other compensations. Security system cost reduces the cost of your insurance and provide you 24/7 security without charging you extra bucks.
Well, it a very common question among the consumers that “how much does a home security system cost?” the answer to it can be quite simple but is very necessary to know about the perks that comes with the security system.
People can customize their security system according to their need, home security system companies provide their services in accordance with the number of windows or doors does your home have. How much square foot area do you want them to cover in the security system can also cost you differently.
Other factors that can change your home security system cost will be your living lifestyle or the visibility of your property to others. Professional monitoring can be your worthwhile experience as it mobilizes the concerned people when the alarm goes off.
The Cost of Best Home Security Systems in 2021
1. Simplisafe Smart Home Security System
It is an easy-to-use home security system that starts working right after you unbox it. The box comes with a 5-piece kit that includes base station, keypad, one entry sensor, one key fob, and one motion sensor. The best part about this camera is that it does not require any additional cost of installing or mounting. As far as repair cost is concerned so it comes with a 3-year warranty.
Installation of this system takes few minutes of the buyer and does not require any tools. The alarms of this home security systems cover up to the range of 1000 feet. This home security system cost usually $172.22 without any extra charges.
- Monitoring costs: $14.99 per month
- Installation and activation costs: Do it your self
- Equipment costs: $229 and up
- Maintenance costs: $14.99
- Taxes and permits: included in the cost
2. Vivint Smart Home Security System
This home security system is installed professionally. You need to call the professionals of Vivint company and tell them about the type of security you want for your home. Vivint smart home security system provides number of secure services that includes various kind of door locks, sensors, monitoring for 24/7 and safety alarms. The professionals will customize a home security system for you according to your needs.
- Their security service works 24/7 without any disturbance.
- Customize security system with the installation from the professionals.
- Typically, their services cost $19.99 monthly without the cost of the product.
- Monitoring costs: $29.99, $39.99, 4$49.99 per month depending on the package.
- Installation and activation costs: $99
- Equipment costs: $599
- Maintenance costs: free
- Taxes and permits: included in the cost.
3. X-Sense Home Security System
This product has the best feature like wireless range of about quarter mile. This product is very easy to set up, it comes with a base station that enable your x-sense home security application by which you can have complete control of your home security regardless of any time limit.
- It comes with an ac power and backup power with a 105 dB loud alarm.
- Well, the other important features that comes with the device are motion sensors which alert you about any suspicious activity within the area of 110 degree.
- Another feature is entry sensors that will detect any type of break-in in the house.
- It also has a remote control that can help you switch the security modes with a single button.
- This home security system cost about $99.99
- Equipment costs: $99.99
- Maintenance costs: 1-year warranty
- Taxes and permits: included in the cost.
4. ADT Pulse Security Systems
This home security system can be accessed through your favorite device like TV, mobile or tablet. This security system is highly customizable according to the needs of the customers. This device provides you the monitoring for 24/7 to keep you safe from theft and frauds. Professional installation of the devices in your premises is also provided by the company.
Best thing about this security company is that they provide 6-month money back guarantee of their products.
- Device comes with the touch screen control panel.
- You can also control your security devices with the help of voice control feature.
- Smart home automation can keep the backup of your videos.
- Their package also include service and repairing cost.
- Their services cost from $9.98 to $20.15 a month depending upon the customization you have done in your security package.
- Monitoring costs: $850
- Installation and activation costs: $99
- Equipment costs: no upfront cost
- Maintenance costs: depend upon your location
- Taxes and permits: depends upon your location
5. Ring Home Security System
If you are looking the something with wildly affordable price with all the advanced features of security, then this is the right stop for you. The basic package of ring starts from $10 a month with the onetime fee of around $200, but this is without the video recording. Although they do have the add-up feature of video recording only for $3.
- Device comes with the base station that can be mount on any flat surface.
- It also has a keypad that have shortcut keys to detect the danger.
- Contact sensor and motion detectors are also the part of device that alarm the people about emergency situations.
- Security device can also be extended through range extender.
- The device comes with the one-year repair warranty.
- Battery of the device is rechargeable.
- This device can personally or professionally monitor.
- Monitoring costs: $3 and up
- Installation and activation costs: do it yourself
- Equipment costs: $199.99 and up
- Maintenance costs: no upfront cost
- Taxes and permits: included in the prices.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home Security System
People need to keep their property safe from being burglarized. Mostly burglars break into your home during day light when most of the people are out working. While the covid has changed the scenario after the concept of work from home. Well, you are being home or not you must keep your home safe with the right choice of security camera being installed at your property.
There are certain points that you need to check before investing into your security system.
- Understand clearly what type of a security system do you want? Weather it should be wireless or hard-wired base. While a wireless system would be convenient to install as it would not require any drilling or wires around the house.
- Do you only need burglar alarm or want extra benefits from security system? Burglar alarm will alert the police and you if someone breaks into your house while the home security system will detect other harms as well such as fire and flooding etc.
- Professional monitoring cost about $20 to $50 per month, who will alarm all the considerate people about the emergency at your home.
- There are solar-powered security systems available to ensure safety to your valuable, although they are a bit expensive to install.
- Size of the security system also plays a significant role in providing the security. A small do it yourself security would be enough for a small apartment while you need a proper setup of home security system with complete monitoring for big homes and valuables.
FAQs on Cheap Home Security Systems
Cheaper does not always mean that it is better. No need to bargain over the security systems that are going to save your valuables.
1. Is it worth having a security camera?
Yes, it is! They are extremely helpful with detecting a thief. They can also help you to monitor your pets or babies at home.
2. What is the average cost for home security?
The average cost of a home security system in 2021 include the equipment cost of around $100 to $250, while the installation and activation may cost you $0 to $199 with the monthly monitoring fee of about $10 to $35.
3. Can I install a home security system myself?
The simple security cameras hardly take 15 minutes to get installed at your home. The world is depending more up on the do-it-yourself security systems.
4. What is the best and cheapest home security system?
The answer to this question is X-sense home security system. It provides all the comprehensive package of technological features within your budget.
Home security system protects you from burglars, but is it worth paying for it? So the answer is simple yes. Security system comes with professional monitoring who watch your home 24/7 to protect you and your valuables from all the dangers.